Tuesday 29 July 2008

grand theft auto iv

GTA IV is an action-adventure game which was released this year by Rockstar Games. It's a sandbox-style game, meaning that the missions can be completed in a number of different sequences. Of course, any guy out there surely would have either already played the game or want to play it or at least heard of it before, since it's a very male-centric game.

Anyway, I got to play GTA IV after Pear bought a new Xbox 360 which included 2 games: GTA IV and Bad Company. Thanks to Fairuz for his Xbox 360 which I used to play with before Pear's. Oh and thanks to Pear as well for buying the console. Ehe.


i need your car

In the game, Niko Bellic is an Eastern European guy who comes to Liberty City after being persuaded by his cousin Roman who claims he was living a very good life in America. Of course, when Niko gets there, he finds that his cousin was just talking big. Roman's apartment was small and his business wasn't that big either.

So initially, Niko helps Roman with the troubles he had with some contacts, and the game expands from there; Niko is introduced to other characters which he helps to earn money and from these characters, he meets other people and so on.


kaboom

I've finished the storyline missions and I must say that it's very good. Even Colin who doesn't play these games was attracted to the story. In some missions, you need to make a choice and there will be consequences. The ending will depend on what path you choose. I've already played both endings but I won't spoil it to those of you who haven't played it yet.

There are also side missions that you can do in the game. Some of them can help you play the main storyline missions. To complete 100% of the game, you need to finish most of these missions as well because the storyline is only 60% of the game. I'm only on 75% and there's plenty more things to do, such as meeting random people who have little missions of their own, performing stunt jumps, shooting pigeons and plenty more. Oh and there are also the Xbox 360 achievements that I can do. These challenges are spread out all over the islands in Liberty City, so I guess I'll be finishing the game with a laptop nearby showing me where these places are, because it'd take a very long time to try to find them all on my own.


time to put this weapon to good use

The Rockstar team has done a really good job in creating the game. I can't help but be mesmerised by its beautiful graphic, especially when flying over the city in a helicopter. The attention to detail both in the graphics as well as the behaviour of all the elements in the game have made the game truly astounding. Yes, the picture is a bit cartoony but I think they intended to make it that way.

When shooting, the cover system is quite good and the automatic lock on the enemy is cool as well. But you also need to try manual targeting if you want to do plenty of headshots. Muahahaha (gelak jahat). Niko's mobile phone is used to call people (duh!) to initiate some missions, to invite people to go out and so on. You can also restart failed missions by replying messages. This will save you the hassle to go to back to the mission starting point.

GTA IV IV
catch me if you can

There are a lot more things that can be written about the game, but it's getting long now. I suggest you go read the game reviews (which I suppose most of you would have already done by now). I really like the game but I'm not very happy with the movement of Niko when on foot, which I feel is not very smooth. Other than that, the game's brilliant. So, that's all folks. Now, to finish the game... or maybe not yet because I've already started another game, Assassin's Creed. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!