Tuesday 10 February 2009

i couldn't believe it actually snowed heavily in central london!

Yes, that's right. It snowed! In central London! This was the most snow I've seen since I've been living in London. It wasn't sleet or the overnight-only snow, but actual long-lasting snow! I'm not sure if that's the correct term to use but I don't care, because it was a lot of snow bebeh. Actually, it was the heaviest snowfall in UK for nearly two decades. Usually when the weather forecast says it's going snow, it actually doesn't, so I didn't have my hopes up when it was forecasted to snow on Sunday night (1st Feb).


wah, all white (i'm not just talking about the roads and cars)

Lo and behold, it actually did snow that night. Quite a lot too, for central London. It was a good thing we went to Satay House for dinner. After eating, it was still snowing outside and since the road outside wasn't busy, we were able to have a good snowfight on the roads, getting our white ammo from the parked cars.

Okay, I thought, let's enjoy the snow now because there won't be any tomorrow. And I'm very glad that I was wrong.


view from my window on monday morning

The next morning, everything was white! Woohoo! I checked the TFL website and found that all the buses were cancelled and most of the tubes were suspended or experiencing delays. I couldn't get to work and couldn't do any work from home. There was nothing else that I could do, but to go to Hyde Park (*smirk*).


the snowman family (cue the adams family tune)

The snow was a few inches deep. I had never seen this much snow in London before and was very glad that I stayed here. The Queens House ladies had already built a snowman with kids when I arrived. I just helped them to build a mini-wall around the snowfamily. Oh and I also helped them 'whiten' their clothes (*another smirk*). By noon, the other final-year students (plus one sesat penultimate-year student of course) had joined us there.


man down, may he rest in peace

The snowfights were fun, but unfortunately one had fallen, all covered in snow. I never thought I could really be in a picture like that. Hehe. How I wish heavy snow would fall again, but that's unlikely, so now I'll revert to that pessimistic view of the weather forecast again. What's that you say, it's predicted to snow next weekend? Lies, all lies!

6 comments:

  1. best nya!! nak salji jugak..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not some sesat student laaaa...

    btw, i was super glad we're wrong when we thod the next day wont be snowing.haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehehe ehehe (gelak farouk).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah fadhly, siut je caption ko tu.btw version 1 man down ko tu kewl la, so aku cilok thnks!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!