Sunday 28 June 2009

kite runner

I finished reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini more than a week ago. It’s a rather good book. To be honest, it started a bit slow. Usually, when I read a book, it would be difficult for me to stop reading, but with The Kite Runner, that didn’t happen until I got through more than half of the book. I was thinking to myself, hmm.. how come many people seem to like this book, because it wasn’t that interesting to me.

Halfway through however, it got a lot more interesting and towards the end, the pace did seem to be a lot quicker. I even slept late on a couple of weekdays just so that I can read what happens next.

I guess the slow part of the book was important to setup the story. I can’t expect every book I read to be action-packed. Nearer the end, the story seems to be concluding, but they were still many pages left. I thought, oh no.. oh no.. this seems like a good ending.. but the book’s not finished yet.. is something bad gonna happen. Full of suspense. If you wanna know what happens, why don’t you read it? Or if you’re not too bothered, just wiki it.

I even watched the movie version of the book, but it was a bit disappointing. Yes, I can understand that some parts of the book couldn’t be included so that it wouldn’t be too long. However, there were some parts of the movie that didn’t do justice to the intensity of the book. For example, **SPOILERS AHEAD!**, when Amir jan is calling Soraya about the marriage proposal. She was telling him about her past which she wasn’t very proud of and if Amir would still want to marry her now that he knew. When he said yes, I imagined them to be really high with emotions, but the way it was portrayed in the movie.. *sigh*. Nasib baik the actress who played Soraya boleh tahan jugak la cute dia. Hehe.

Oh and the next project is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!