Tuesday 25 January 2011

of market and crumble

It’s been a really long time since I wrote about food in this blog (and quite a while as well since my last update). If you look at the ‘food’ category, there were quite a lot of entries when I first started blogging. I used to make a lot of desserts during uni, but got lazy to make any since then.

Anyway, let’s change the topic slightly for the moment. Don’t worry, it’s still about food. Heh.


Last Saturday, Malaysia Kitchen organised a Malaysian Winter Market at Westfield to promote Malaysian restaurants throughout London. I went there with a few friends to check it out.

It’s a very good initiative as it ‘advertises’ some of the Malaysian restaurants in London. Apparently, there are around 40 Malaysian restaurants in London alone! I must admit I’ve never heard of many of them. My favourite one would be TukDin’s which is in Paddington. The mi bandung and nasi lemak there are amazing! Smile


Anyway, back to the Malaysian Winter Market. Puji-Puji were making satay beside their stall, so there was quite a long queue there. The chicken satay were quite good. Not as good as Sate Kajang of course, but you can’t complain if you’re here in London.


I also tried some laksa by 54 Pinang and they were not bad as well. We were given discount vouchers for some Malaysian restaurants. I must go to some that I’ve never been to before the vouchers expire!


Afif and Atiqah were staying over at our place. So the next day, I made apple and almond crumble. I actually planned to make it on Saturday, but Halo Reach-ing with Amer  It was a long time since I did any baking. The crumble was quite easy to make actually and it didn’t take a lot of my time. Thanks to Afif for shaking the ingredients together!


Afif, Amer and I ate the crumble with some double cream while playing ‘Glory to Rome’, a really interesting board game. I think it would taste better with vanilla ice cream instead of double cream. The mixture of hot apple crumble plus the cold ice cream would’ve been marvellous! Open-mouthed smile



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!