Thursday 16 October 2008

eid in london (again!)

Salam Aidil Fitri everyone. So it was the fifth time that I celebrated Eid in the UK, away from my family at home. How fast time flies. The sad thing is I thought I won't get duit raya for 4 years only because of my 4-year course, but by the time I get to beraya at home (whenever that is), I wont be eligible to get duit raya any more. In fact, I have to give the angpow by then. Oh man. (Please bear with my immature thoughts for now since I'm not in the golongan bekerja just yet.)

At open houses here in London, I realised that I knew less and less people each year. And now, most of my friends are already back home. But raya was still fun though. Sometimes you'll meet your old friends and most of the time you'll make new ones. So it was nice to celebrate Eid with old and new friends while current friends aren't around. But now these old and new friends have become my current friends and hence the current friends which I mentioned before aren't so current anymore, but have become old friends but can still be current friends in the future. Haha pening x baca?

Eid mubarak!

5 comments:

  1. same here. didn't even remember the last time i received money in those little envelopes. nway r we obliged to give duit raya once we start working? or do u mean ur getting married, fadly?

    haha.

    nway selamat hari raya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanan:
    kawen? lama lagi. hehe. well, if i'm not mistaken, for malays, it's after u start working, but for the chinese, it's after u're married. so time2 raya nanti, maybe i'll just pretend that i'm chinese. haha.

    lely:
    kalau pening,cuba makan panadol. ehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha smart la angkat tgn dpan camera time grad!

    ReplyDelete

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!