Tuesday 28 October 2008

withdrawn in new york?

I got a call from my bank on Saturday asking me if I had just withdrawn money from New York. New York? I don't even have a US Visa and very much doubt I'll get one anytime soon. Apparently, someone had twice withdrawn $80+ from New York using my card details. $160+ is about £100+! And my card is still with me. It wasn't stolen or anything, so it must have been ATM fraud somewhere.

But I must admit, I was surprised that the bank detected it so fast. Maybe it was because I has also withdrawn money here on the same day. So maybe they were thinking, 'Hang on, two ATM withdrawals in one day, across the Atlantic. Something must be wrong.' I don't know. That's just a guess.

Well, now my card has been canceled and will be replaced soon. And my money will be refunded as well insyaAllah. Haih, dah la duit x banyak sekarang, kena pow la pulak.

On another note, Mr. Bank, why are you so late in sending me my bank statements? I need them for my Leave to Remain application!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!