Friday 21 March 2008

gears of war

Ammir bought the game Gears of War online and it arrived on Tuesday. Pear and I were still in college when he told us the good news. It was already evening then and Pear was so excited that he went straight to Ammir's apartment instead of going home.

I was very hungry so I went home first. On the way, I met Hairy who was on his way to Ammir's. I was excited too actually, so I packed my dinner and brought it to Ammir's. When I arrived, Pear and Hairy were already playing the game, so I ate my dinner while watching them play.

After eating, Hairy let me play. I'm not used to playing third-person shooter games, so it made me dizzy for a while. And I kept getting killed as well. Hehe. The good thing about playing the 2-player co-op mode is that if you get killed, your partner can revive you by tapping you on the back. Weih bangun la, lembik betul mati2 ni! And, we can also use unique and cool flanking manoeuvres to defeat the enemy.


we gears are shootin' them hideous locusts

In the game, Player 1 is Marcus Fenix while Player 2 is Dominic Santiago. They are both soldiers or ‘gears’ of the Delta Squad who are fighting to save the human inhabitants of the planet Sera from a relentless subterranean enemy known as the Locust Horde.

The plot is simple, but the gameplay is fantastic. And playing it on Ammir's HDTV makes it the more satisfying not to mention beautiful. Another cool thing about the game is it doesn't have a health bar. Instead, there's this Crimson Omen, a cog shaped icon which grows brighter to indicate increased damage. If the skull come out, then you're dead. If you want to play, I recommend using the chainsaw bayonet. It's damn ‘nice’ finishing your enemy with the chainsaw. Oh the irony.

Well, after 3 nights plus 1 afternoon, we've finished the game in Hardcore level. So that's that eyh. Nah, now we can play the Insane level. More enemies, easier to die. Are you insane enough to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to comment. Or criticize or laugh at me or laugh with me or complain or argue or cry or agree or disagree or... Ok, you get what I mean. Oh I'd really appreciate it if there's no anonymity. And don't forget, milk is good for your health!